[R] R version update

Ista Zahn istazahn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 19:43:40 CEST 2015

Hi Markus,

Please keep the list copied. See responses in line.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 1:22 PM,  <klerer at sxmail.de> wrote:
> Dear Ista Zahn,
>
> Thank you that you answered.
> Kubuntu delivered some packages of R and I obviously got R version 3.0.2 by
> the time (early 2015) I installed R fully on my Linux Kubuntu Trusty Tahr.

Yes, I understood that much. If you want to upgrade to a more recent
version follow the instructions in the first link I sent you last time
(https://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/).

> The package "ATLAS" is a recommended one from recent R-explaining literature
> that I intend to work through to get accustomed and tackle R as fully as I
> can.

Well, AFAIK there is no such package on CRAN. What literature exactly
are you referring to?

 I had to experience that beyond a package called "ATLAS" a certain
> number of further other very useful packages were not available because
> being "not for R version 3.0.2" as I appended when speaking of the problem
> "ATLAS".
> My conclusion up to now is: I cannot use R fully because I have no
> opportunity to update my basic R version AS SUCH. I hope there is a way of
> solving this without destroying too much of the wealth of packages I have
> already integrated.

OK, so follow the instructions for updating.

Best,
ISta