[R] R version update

Ista Zahn istazahn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:24:44 CEST 2015

On Jul 21, 2015 9:30 PM, <klerer at sxmail.de> wrote:

> Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
> as a beginner in R, I encountered a sort of "naturally given
limits"concerning the process of amending R with packages.
> I apparently own version 3.0.2 and I principally decided to use R via
> the RKWard GUI on Linux Kubuntu Trusty Tahr; the R version installed on
> my computer is admittedly not far from the basics provided by my
> distribution's package management (also throughout multiple rounds of
> updates/ upgrades of the system).
> What would I have to do to finally update/ upgrade beyond that R
> version?

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/

Would that process (generally?) affect any/ my GUI?

possibly.

> This problem appeared to me as I was busy installing packages an
> received the error message "package ‘ATLAS’ is not available (for R
> version 3.0.2) ".

I don't think there is any package on CRAN with that name. What makes you
think there is?

> I am quite desperate and would look forward to be indicated a path to a
> sustainable solution or be told how to mitigate/ circumvent (these/
> such) problems.

I'm not actually sure exactly what the problem is...