[R] R version update

klerer at sxmail.de klerer at sxmail.de
Tue Jul 21 20:55:40 CEST 2015

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
as a beginner in R, I encountered a sort of "naturally given limits"concerning the process of amending R with packages.
I apparently own version 3.0.2 and I principally decided to use R via
the RKWard GUI on Linux Kubuntu Trusty Tahr; the R version installed on
my computer is admittedly not far from the basics provided by my
distribution's package management (also throughout multiple rounds of
updates/ upgrades of the system).
What would I have to do to finally update/ upgrade beyond that R
version? Would that process (generally?) affect any/ my GUI?
This problem appeared to me as I was busy installing packages an
received the error message "package ‘ATLAS’ is not available (for R
version 3.0.2) ".
I am quite desperate and would look forward to be indicated a path to a
sustainable solution or be told how to mitigate/ circumvent (these/
such) problems.
Thanks a lot!

Best regards,Markus Hofstetter

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]