[R] Cannot install contributed package MTS

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 21:41:32 CEST 2015

On 21/07/2015 1:46 PM, AGUSTIN ALONSO RODRIGUEZ wrote:
> Dear Sirs:
>

> I have attempted to install the contributed package MTS, but without
> success.
>

> I am using R.3.2.1, on Windows 8.1, after selecting Espa�ol as the
> instalation language, on a Lenovo PC, 64 bits.
>

> If I use the instruction:  install.packages(�MTS�)
>

> i get:
>

>> install.packages("MTS")
>
> Installing package into �C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/R/win-library/3.2�
>
> (as �lib� is unspecified)
>
> Warning: unable to access index for repository
> https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib

The issue is that CRAN now prefers you to use https access, but your
system is having problems with that.  Since you are on a recent version
of Windows, the problem should go away if you use

setInternet2(TRUE)

This will be the default in R 3.2.2 (and is the default already in
R-patched).

Duncan Murdoch