[R] Error in thielsen

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Fri Mar 6 15:24:37 CET 2015

> I have no idea.  A data set that generates the error would be very helpful to
> me.  What is the role of the last line BTW, the one with "1%" on it?
>   Looking at the code I would guess that the vector "tied" has an NA in it, but
> how that would happen I can't see.  There is a reasonable chance that it will
> become obvious once I have an example.

In a small bootstrap or other simulation one can end up by chance with a vector that doesn't behave; for example one with all values the same or with the one NA substituted into the whole vector. A common symptom is that the bootstrap sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, or only seems to work for small numbers of bootstrap replicates.

But you're right; with no data, one can only guess.

S Ellison