[R] Package Build Recommendations

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed May 6 20:57:51 CEST 2015

On 05/05/2015 8:16 PM, Glenn Schultz wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have my R package built and it passes the CRAN tests.  Now, I have a question.  The file structure is not standard.  There are addition data files as follows outlined below.  Each, if you will, represents separation of concerns with respect to structured securities like MBS and REMICs (CMOs).  They referenced via connection in the software via a connection string ~/users/BondLab.  I am looking for recommendations to create the directory and copy the appropriate folders with their data to a user directory on install.  Any help will be appreciated.

As Charles said, you can put them in the data directory, but there are
restrictions on the type of files that can be there -- see Writing R
Extensions.

An alternative is to put them in a directory with a name of your choice
below the "inst" directory.  (Don't choose a name that conflicts with a
standard one.)  On installation, it will be copied up a level, and the
system.file() function will be able to find it.

Duncan Murdoch