[R] RGL Problem

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 21:36:39 CET 2015

On 22/11/2015 11:56 PM, Margarette Bayron Arcelay via R-help wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> Im using Rstudio on a macbook pro OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 and im
> trying to
> open the package geomorph but a warning message related to rgl shows up.
>
>> library(geomorph)
> Warning messages:
> 1: In rgl.init(initValue, onlyNULL) : RGL: unable to open X11 display
> 2: In fun(libname, pkgname) : error in rgl_init
>
> I have already installed X11 but this message keeps showing up.
>
> Does somebody knows what to do?

I think other messages in this thread may have helped you to get X11
going.  If not, and the latest version doesn't work for you, please ask
again.

If you get the very latest version 0.95.1415 of rgl from R-forge, it
will continue on after this, using the "NULL" device.  This can't
display from within R, but can still output WebGL code for display on a
web page, so it may be useful for some systems.  (It can sort of display
in RStudio; you need to load the rglwidget package, and call rglwidget()
each time you want to see output.  This behaviour is still in flux.)

Duncan Murdoch