[R] Package Installation: Repository for 3.2.1

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Oct 5 19:00:52 CEST 2015

On Oct 5, 2015, at 1:36 AM, Jutta Wrage wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Guess, I got in trouble somehow now.
> Not sure whether this question is placed well in this list. Do I have to ask my question in R-SIG-MAC?
>
> Installed R version: 3.2.1 for OS X up to 10.8
>
> I did update the package list from within R application and installed some new package versions.
>
> Now I get a warning:
>
> Warnmeldung:
> Paket ‘knitr’ wurde unter R Version 3.2.2 erstellt
> 3.2.2 is only available for OS X up from 10.9
>
> 1. Which URL do I have to put in preferences to get only packages for my Computer?
> 2. How do I repair things now? - If needed

It's only a warning. There's no simple method for getting binary packages for older R versions. Generally packages built with a minor version upgrade will still work with one version back (but I have no experience doing that with knitr). You can build older packages from the source files in the Archives if needed.

Things might become more problematic in the future if you stay with OSX version 10.8, because I don't know if the dual SnowLeppard and Mavericks forks will continue to be maintained. It was announced very recently that the build machine was now running El Capitan, i.e. OSX 10.11

You should ask Mac specific questions on R-SIG-Mac.

>> library()
> tells me everything is in ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.2/Resources/library’
>
> Jutta

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA