[R] Time Series Daily Frequency Part of a Year

zod jones zodjones at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:23:42 CEST 2015

My data consist of daily sales figures for multiple products but only for a
3 month period each year (Oct., Nov., Dec). The goal is to forecast the
daily sales figures for the following year *by day* (the following Oct.,
Nov., Dec.) So, I'd like to forecast what sales for product X will be on
Nov. 12th of the next year (and each day of those three months), for
example.

I am just conceptually stuck on the fact that the time series is "yearly"
in one sense but the daily observations only occur for those 3 months. The
rest of the year is not really 0 -- the products are not even for sale the
rest of the year (these are tickets for events). The frequency seems like
it should be 92 days.

Hoping someone can just point me in the right direction conceptually.

Thanks,

Zodran

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]