[R] [FORGED] Time Series Daily Frequency Part of a Year

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Oct 9 00:19:56 CEST 2015

I have made no attempt to think deeply about this, but it seems to me
that the structure of your data does not fit into any "standard" time
series model.

You would appear to have a number (how many?) of *intrinsically finite*
time series.  In a sense you have a number of "multivariate"
observations, where the dimension of your observations is 92.

You may be able to model the covariance structure of your data in some
time-series-ish way (ARMA, I guess).

Is it reasonable to assume that your observations are iid over years
(i.e. that the mean level or trend is the same from year to year)?

I'm pretty sure that you will need to assume that the covariance
structure is the same from year to year, in order to get anywhere.

There *may* be material on models for this sort of data somewhere in the
literature.  Googling "multiple short time series" turned up a number of
hits, some of which could be useful to you.  If not, then you've got a
bit of a research project on your hands.

Almost surely you will have to write your own fitting code to fit a
model to such data.

Good luck!

cheers,

Rolf Turner