[R] Why can I reset directory in using setwd on desktop but not on laptop

WRAY NICHOLAS nicholas.wray at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 9 17:43:39 CEST 2015

Hi  I am running the same r routine on both my desktop and my laptop, and
writing results in the form of csv files into storage folders in the respective
users/documents files of both machines  My desktop machine allows me to reset
the directory in the course of the r programme so that I can write the files
into different folders which makes it easier to keep track of what's what,
whereas my laptop won't allow me to reset the directory by a setwd command, and
I have to set the directory manually using the r studio tabs, so basically on
the laptop every results file is going into the same folder, which is not
unworkable but not as easy to use later

As far as I know I have the same r studio on both machines.  Does anyone out
there know a) why I can't use a setwd command on the laptop, and b)is there
anything I can do to put this right?

Thanks beforehand, as it were

Nick Wray
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]