[R] JSONlite import problem

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 13:35:51 CEST 2015

On 24/10/2015 12:11 AM, K. Elo wrote:
> Hi!
>
> You can download the example file with this link:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlf1gkym6d83log/example.json?dl=0
>
> BTW, I have used a JSON validator and the problem seems to related to
> wrong/missing EOF.
>
> --- snip ---
> Error: Parse error on line 1:
> ...:"1436705823768"} {"created_at":"Sun J
> ---------------------^
> Expecting 'EOF', '}', ',', ']', got '{'
> --- snip ---
>
> However, editing the file with a text editor to create "proper" EOF
> doesn't help.

The problem is that you have valid-looking JSON objects on each odd
numbered line, separated by single blank lines.  The parser expects an
EOF at the end of the first object, but instead it found a blank line
and another object.

So just use readLines to read all the lines, and individually convert
the ones that are not blank.

Duncan Murdoch