[R] Unable to run RcmdrPlugin.survival using 3.2.2 with Windows 10

Joyaa Antares joyaa at goldcoastosteopathy.com.au
Thu Sep 3 14:31:12 CEST 2015

Hello r-help,

I am quite new to R.  I downloaded R 3.2.2 for Windows to use with Windows 10.

On attempting to load the RcmdrPlugin.survival plug-in I got this error message:

Error in structure(.External(.C_dotTclObjv, objv), class = "tclObj") :
  [tcl] invalid command name "configure".

The lead-up to this was:

* I uninstalled R 3.2.2 and deleted all R files I could find.
* Downloaded R 3.2.2 to do a fresh install
* Opened the .exe file as Administrator
* Ran 64-bit R as Administrator
* Updated all packages
* Installed Rcmdr and RcmdrPlugin.survival
* Ran Rcmdr using library(Rcmdr) from the console
* This required an install of a host of packages, which I installed
* Loaded RcmdrPlugin.survival from the Tools menu
* I was asked to restart R commander, and when I tried it didn’t open properly (showing only File/Edit/Data in the menu bar), and this wouldn’t close properly either.  The error message as above showed in the console.

I haven’t posted to the list before and would be very grateful for help.  Thank you.   Joyaa
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]