[R] Multinomial data

Iker Vaquero Alba karraspito at yahoo.es
Mon Sep 14 18:29:15 CEST 2015

   Hello everyone,
   I have some data I would like to analyse where my response variables are categorical data: several participants were asked to give answers in the form of 1 to 5 (for the degree of importance given to certain items). So, what I have now is response variables that can just take 5 possible values: 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.
   After a bit of research, I have learned this might be a case of multinomial categorical data, although I am not sure whether ordered multinomial or nominal multinomial. I would like to apply generalized linear mixed models to my response variables, but I am a bit lost at the moment. Should I just use lmer and change the link function? Is it better to try MCMCglmm package and start from there?

   Any slight guidance or light shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

   Thanks a lot!

   Dr. Iker Vaquero-Alba
   Visiting Postdoctoral Research Associate
   Laboratory of Evolutionary Ecology of Adaptations
   School of Life Sciences
   Joseph Banks Laboratories
   University of Lincoln   Brayford Campus, Lincoln
   LN6 7DL
   United Kingdom

   https://eric.exeter.ac.uk/repository/handle/10036/3381

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]