[R] SSD vs RAM upgrade

Mark Sharp msharp at txbiomed.org
Mon Sep 14 19:14:03 CEST 2015

John,

Unless you are doing something very unusual (such as using a database to keep intermediate results) SSD hardware will have no affect on R being memory bound. According to the behavior you described, you need RAM.

R. Mark Sharp, Ph.D.
Director of Primate Records Database
Southwest National Primate Research Center
Texas Biomedical Research Institute
P.O. Box 760549
San Antonio, TX 78245-0549
Telephone: (210)258-9476