[R] It is possible to use "input parameters" with "standard error" in fitting function nls

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 18:41:43 CEST 2016

Vicente:

You have not received a reply. I think it is because your post appears
to reveal a profound lack of understanding about how empirical
modeling works: the uncertainty in parameter estimates derives from
the uncertainty in the data (via the modeling process, of course). You
cannot set them independently as "input."

I urge that you consult a local statistical expert, take a statistics
course or two, and/or do some studying before proceeding further.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."