[R] curl problem in install.packages

Dr. Kristian Unger unger at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Fri Aug 12 12:36:19 CEST 2016

Hi there,

I have just compiled R 3.3.1 on my SuSE SLES 11 SP2 server. All works fine but I cannot use the install.packages function since there is an issue with the underlying curl command which requires a ca certificate in order to download files.

1: In download.file(url, destfile = f, quiet = TRUE) :
  URL 'https://cran.r-project.org/CRAN_mirrors.csv': status was 'Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates'

Of course, the problem can be bypassed by manually installing packages by only using http:// instead of https:// links but I am hoping there is a more efficient solution for this problem.

Can you help?

Best wishes

Kristian

Arbeitsgruppenleiter Integrative Biologie / Head of Integrative Biology Group
Stellvertretender Abteilungsleiter / Deputy Head of Research Unit
Abteilung Strahlenzytogenetik / Research Unit Radiation Cytogenetics

Tel.: +49-89-3187-3515
Skype: kristian.unger

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)

Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1

85764 Neuherberg

www.helmholtz-muenchen.de

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Dr. Alfons Enhsen

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466

USt-IdNr: DE 129521671

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]