[R] enabling PAM in R for RODBC connections

Divakar Reddy divakarreddy.a at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 21:37:08 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to enable PAM authentication for RODBC connections in
Hadoop/hiveserver2.

I implemented required configurations in .ODBC.ini and it's working with
user ID but not working with user ID and Password.

Here are my configuration details in .odbc.ini
----------------
Description=Hortonworks Hive ODBC Driver (64-bit) DSN
Driver=/usr/lib/hive/lib/native/Linux-amd64-64/libhortonworkshiveodbc64.so
HOST=<hive Server IP>
PORT=10000
Schema=default
HiveServerType=2
AuthMech=3
UID=test

Can you please suggest me where do I need make additional changes in-order
to work with User ID and Password.

Regards,
Divakar
Phoenix,US