[R] Help required for Rcmdr

Vito M. R. Muggeo vito.muggeo at unipa.it
Tue Feb 9 16:15:52 CET 2016

dear all,
I don't know if that problem is related to the Rcmdr package itself..
(Sekhar try to install any other packages..)

I am experiencing the same problem, in that when typing

 > install.packages("_ANY_PACKAGE_")

I get the message
Warning message:
package ‘_ANY_PACKAGE_’ is not available (for R version 3.2.3)

But I can download the .zip file and unzip it..

I tried different CRAN mirrors...

best,
vito

Il 09/02/2016 12.44, Sekhar Venkatesan ha scritto:
> Dear Mr. Murdoch,
> I am extremely sorry to have sent the mail to you instead of R-help. Thanks
> for directing me.
> I have downloaded R 3.2.3 version. After that i asked for
> install.packages("Rcmdr") . It says that Rcmdr is not available with
> version 3.2.3. On looking at the pdf file for getting started with R, i
> found that i should download with SDI Graphical interface which I did once
> again but still i could not get the Rcmdr console.
> I attended a workshop where the faculty brought out the R console as well
> as the R-commander console where i could import files and also do all the
> statistics easily. I am not getting the R-commander console.
> Shall be grateful if i could get help on getting the R-commander console
> with the user friendly way of doing the statistical operations.
> Thanks and regards,
> Once again apologize to Dr. Duncan Murdoch for disturbing him.
> Sekhar
>
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 8:56 PM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 08/02/2016 8:56 AM, Sekhar Venkatesan wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Sirs,
>>> I have downloaded R 3.2.3 version from the CRAN site. I have tried to
>>> download with both MDI and SDI user interface. But Rcmdr is not opening in
>>> as a console  along with R console. Help is required to open Rcmdr. I have
>>> tried install.packages("Rcmdr"), library(Rcmdr) etc but to no avail.
>>> thanks
>>> Sekhar
>>> Delhi
>>> India
>>>
>>> This is the wrong email address for help.  Please write to R-help, and
>> describe what happens when you try the commands that are failing.
>>
>> Duncan Murdoch
>>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Vito M.R. Muggeo
Dip.to Sc Statist e Matem `Vianelli'