[R] [FORGED] Use of "quote" in Windows and Linux..

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 25 07:49:42 CET 2016

> On 24 Feb 2016, at 22:12, Santosh <santosh2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks all for your response.
> I didn't realize I posted in HTML.. I just typed an email as I usually
> do... how do I know whether it was sent in HTML? I had not changed any
> settings to send out in HTML format..
> Seems like you got the impression based on  the HTML tag like message of
> "simpleError"....

No that is not the reason.
The mail server of the R-help list sees that a message has an HTML version.
You can check by looking at:  https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2016-February/436464.html

We, who send mails in plain text format, see  the line

[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

at the end of a message if that message us a HTML version.

You'll have to look in the settings and/or preferences of your email client to see how to turn off HTML formatted mail.

Berend