[R] installing tikzDevices for R 3.2.3

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 05:45:58 CET 2016

Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored <at> inbox.com> writes:

> On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 21:25:06 -0600 Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored <at>
inbox.com> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I wanted to install tikzDevices on a installation of
> R (3.2.3) on a new machine. However, I am getting:
> >
> > > install.packages('tikzDevices')
> >
> > Warning message:
> > package ‘tikzDevices’ is not available (for R version 3.2.3)
> >
> > Is there any way out for me other than wait for the tikzDevices to be
updated in the repos? I am on Fedora 23
> with everything up to date.
> >
> > Many thanks in advance for any suggestions and best wishes,
> > Ranjan
>
> Sorry to answer my own question, but I found a way out
> (only specific to tikzDevices):
>
> install.packages("tikzDevice", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

  This is all a little bit surprising since tizkDevice seems
perfectly fine on CRAN:
https://cran.rstudio.com/web/packages/tikzDevice/index.html

  What are getOption("repos") and sessionInfo() ?
  Perhaps there is some temporary binary-building delay because
R 3.2.3 just came out?

   Did you try install.packages("tikzDevice", type="source") ?