[R] installing tikzDevice for R 3.2.3

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sat Jan 16 16:09:02 CET 2016

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 04:45:58 +0000 Ben Bolker <bbolker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored <at> inbox.com> writes:
>

> > On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 21:25:06 -0600 Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored <at>
> inbox.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I wanted to install tikzDevices on a installation of
> > R (3.2.3) on a new machine. However, I am getting:

> > > Warning message:
> > > package ‘tikzDevices’ is not available (for R version 3.2.3)
> > >
> > > Is there any way out for me other than wait for the tikzDevices to be
> updated in the repos? I am on Fedora 23
> > with everything up to date.
> > >
> > > Many thanks in advance for any suggestions and best wishes,
> > > Ranjan
> >
> > Sorry to answer my own question, but I found a way out
> > (only specific to tikzDevices):
> >
> > install.packages("tikzDevice", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
>
>   This is all a little bit surprising since tizkDevice seems
> perfectly fine on CRAN:
> https://cran.rstudio.com/web/packages/tikzDevice/index.html
>
>   What are getOption("repos") and sessionInfo() ?
>   Perhaps there is some temporary binary-building delay because
> R 3.2.3 just came out?
>
>    Did you try install.packages("tikzDevice", type="source") ?

I am sorry: I made an error earlier -- I made a mistake (used the plural instead of 'tikzDevices').

This was a false alarm. Apologies for that!

However, while I don't know if this would be possible to get from an error message but it would have been preferred if the message had said that there was no such package in R, rather than say that the package is not available for R version 3.2.3 which led me to believe that an updated version was not available.

However, at the end of a long day, it was my mistake: sorry again for that!

Best wishes,
Ranjan

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.