[R] tikzDevice and Sweave

Duncan Mackay dulcalma at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 18 05:17:42 CET 2016

Hi

I use Sweave  and some tikz in latex but not in Sweave

Your problem is that you left out Sweave in the preamble
It must be in the preamble of any Sweave document

I added sizing so that it is not off the page.
I do not know if Sweave options will cover this or you have to set it.
eg
\setkeys{Gin}{width=1.0\textwidth}

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{tikz}
\usepackage{Sweave}

\begin{document}

Figure~\ref{tikzExampleFig} is an example of \texttt{tikzDevice} package.

\begin{figure}
\begin{center}

<<name = tikzFig, echo = FALSE, results = tex>>=
# % <<name = tikzFig, echo = FALSE, fig = TRUE>>=

# %<<tikzFig, echo = FALSE, fig = TRUE>>=
# setwd("/Users/nareshgurbuxani/Documents/tex/tikz")
library(tikzDevice)

# added height and width
tikz(console = TRUE, width = 4, height = 3)
plot(sin, -pi, 2*pi, main = "A stand alone TikZ plot", xlab = "x", ylab =
"sin(x)")
dummy <- dev.off()
@

\caption{Example of tikz graph}
\label{tikzExampleFig}
\end{center}
\end{figure}

\end{document}

If this is an example for a larger document then have a look at the latex
hyperref package

Regards

Duncan

Duncan Mackay
Department of Agronomy and Soil Science
University of New England
Armidale NSW 2351
Email: home: mackay at northnet.com.au

Figure~\ref{tikzExampleFig} is an example of \texttt{tikzDevice} package.

\begin{figure}
\begin{center}

<<name = tikzFig, echo = FALSE, results = tex>>=
# % <<name = tikzFig, echo = FALSE, fig = TRUE>>=

# %<<tikzFig, echo = FALSE, fig = TRUE>>=
# setwd("/Users/nareshgurbuxani/Documents/tex/tikz")
library(tikzDevice)

tikz(console = TRUE)
plot(sin, -pi, 2*pi, main = "A stand alone TikZ plot", xlab = "x", ylab =
"sin(x)")
dummy <- dev.off()
@

\caption{Example of tikz graph}
\label{tikzExampleFig}
\end{center}
\end{figure}

\end{document}

> Subject: Re: [R] tikzDevice and Sweave
> To: naresh_gurbuxani at hotmail.com; r-help at r-project.org
> From: murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 15:40:24 -0500
>
> On 17/01/2016 3:25 PM, Naresh Gurbuxani wrote:
>> I want to use tikz() function in tikzDevice package so that it generates
a pdf file to be included in the bigger tex file. Below code works, but
directly inserts tikz commands in the output tex file.