[R] R-help mailing list activity / R-not-help?

Peter Alspach Peter.Alspach at plantandfood.co.nz
Mon Jan 25 23:32:18 CET 2016

I think this would be re-defining the role of the moderators for list, which is essentially to filter out spam.  Only new members are subject to this moderation, and if a message is genuine then their moderator flag is cleared (i.e., they are no longer subject to moderation).  Thus the list isn't moderated in the 'usual' sense.

That said, I have occasionally asked a new poster to reword their question (or simply add a subject line) and explained that this helps ensure they get a good answer, and not a rude one.  Mostly people seem to appreciate that.

Peter Alspach
(one of the 'moderators')