[R] R-help mailing list activity / R-not-help?

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Mon Jan 25 23:48:00 CET 2016

I submit it is up to list members to maintain civility. If we politely point out. off-line, to people who post questionable posts what they are doing, I am sure their behavior will quickly change.John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

>>> Peter Alspach <Peter.Alspach at plantandfood.co.nz> 01/25/16 5:33 PM >>>
I think this would be re-defining the role of the moderators for list, which is essentially to filter out spam.  Only new members are subject to this moderation, and if a message is genuine then their moderator flag is cleared (i.e., they are no longer subject to moderation).  Thus the list isn't moderated in the 'usual' sense.

That said, I have occasionally asked a new poster to reword their question (or simply add a subject line) and explained that this helps ensure they get a good answer, and not a rude one.  Mostly people seem to appreciate that.

Peter Alspach
(one of the 'moderators')