[R] Downloading Google finance data onto R

Christofer Bogaso bogaso.christofer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 13:16:07 CET 2016

Hi dear,

I was trying to download a Google TS data directly onto R from this link :

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NSE%3ALIQUIDBEES&ei=xlGnVuiPJ9eDuQSZ05OICw

Used following function, however R generates error.

> library(quantmod)
> getSymbols(Symbols = "LIQUIDBEES", src = "google")
Error in download.file(paste(google.URL, "q=", Symbols.name, "&startdate=",  :
  cannot open URL
'http://finance.google.com/finance/historical?q=LIQUIDBEES&startdate=Jan+01,+2007&enddate=Jan+26,+2016&output=csv'
In addition: Warning message:
In download.file(paste(google.URL, "q=", Symbols.name, "&startdate=",  :
  cannot open: HTTP status was '404 Not Found'

Could you please guide me how can I download that data directly to R?
I have also tried with Yahoo finance data, but got the same error.

Thanks for your help.