[R] Sweave vs. R CMD Rd2pdf --no-clean --force

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 5 02:37:03 CEST 2016

Perhaps this is just my ignorance speaking, but it seems
counterintuitive to me to try to process a *.Rnw file by means of Rd2pdf
which would appear to be designed to process *.Rd files.

I would have thought that "R CMD Sweave ..." would be the appropriate
call.  I find that

     R CMD Sweave --pdf <whatever>.Rnw

works for me.

cheers,