[R] Strange message after reading multiple scripts from one folder

Fox, John jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Jul 29 14:44:20 CEST 2016

Dear Frank,

What you see isn't a "message" but the result returned by sapply(). The ?s indicate that sapply() didn't know what to do with the corresponding element. In an individual use of source(), the result, a 2-element list, is returned invisibly, so you don't see it.

To see what's going on, try

res <- lapply(pathnames, FUN = source)
str(res)

I hope this helps,