[R] Strange message after reading multiple scripts from one folder

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Fri Jul 29 17:54:20 CEST 2016

For what it's worth (perhaps little...), I would normally do

for (pn in pathnames) source(pn)

It's clearer to read and won't return a strange value. I doubt there will
be a noticeable difference in speed. It can easily be extended to be more
informative, as in
for (pn in pathnames) {
  cat('--- now sourcing',pn,'---\n')
  source(pn)
}

One could also introduce error trapping using try() in this version.

As far as surpassing the message is concerned, one option would be to put
your sapply() expression inside invisible(). Not sure what will happen in
that case if any of the scripts fail with an error.

> 10*2
[1] 20
> invisible(10*2)

-Don