[R] help with r package "trip"

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:18:10 CEST 2016

Hi Alice,
Have you tried creating a vector of the start position (xpos[1],ypos[1]):

xstart<-rep(xpos[1],n)
ystart<-rep(ypos[1],n)
# where "n" is the number of subsequent positions in the trip
max(trackDistance(xstart,ystart,xpos[2:n],ypos[2:n],...))

may then give you the value of the longest distance from the start. I
don't have the trip package or I could see if you really need to
replicate the start positions.

JIm