[R] dev.new() throws error from command line

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:32:23 CET 2016

1. This is just a semi-educated guess on my part -- hopefully you'll
get a better response from someone else. But consider:

2. Read carefully the "dev.new" section of ?dev. My guess on that
basis is that the default given by getOption("device") is set in your
R window, but not in a command line script. So you might try
explicitly setting it in your script first and see if that fixes
things.

3. I have no idea why this should have changed from earlier versions.
Perhaps a bug???

4. Please again note point1. Ny guess could be complete nonsense. Caveat emptor!

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."