[R] R 3.3.0 Crashing: Error in readRDS(nsInfoFilePath) : unknown input format

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon May 16 17:38:56 CEST 2016

I don't know why this is happening, but the nsInfo.rds file is part of every installed package (see Section 4.1 of the R Internals documentation) and it sounds like one or more of them are getting corrupted.  This could be because you or your .Rprofile or an .RData file are triggering a bug in one of your packages.

You might try
* posting the output of the sessionInfo function,
* looking in your .Rprofile file with a text editor,
* deleting/renaming any RData files in your working directory,  and perhaps
* clearing/renaming your personal 3.3 package library and re-installing one package at a time to see which one triggers the error.