[R] RSTUDIO keeps crashing-please help me

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:31:28 CEST 2016

On 18/05/2016 6:46 AM, rezvan hatami via R-help wrote:
> Hi there
> I have been using R for a while now. I am doing my PhD project with it. Recently, it keeps crashing, mostly when I draw a graph and use XYPLOT code. I even spent some money on cleaning registry, checking ram, deleting unnecessary files from working directory. I used "plot(cars) and dev.off(). First the">" sign disappears from the console and then if I try to remove the plot or something else, the whole R freezes. When the ">" disappears, R doesn't run the commands anymore. I searched all online questions and answers, but I couldn't fix this. I also uninstalled Rstudio and reinstalled it. Would you please help me?Please help me. PLEASE.

Do the crashes happen in R if you run it without RStudio?  If not, this
is something you need to report to the RStudio people, not here.

If they do happen in plain R, try running with the --vanilla option.  If
that is fine, the problem is probably something you have in your saved
workspace, or in one of the startup files.

Duncan Murdoch