[R] What are some toy models I can use in R?

C W tmrsg11 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 19:23:47 CEST 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 1:13 PM, S Ellison <S.Ellison at lgcgroup.com> wrote:

> [...]

I generate toy data from N(5,2). X input will be the same for model_1 and
model_2, say, seq(-3, 3, by=0.01).

> > Ultimately, I want to see model_1+ model_2 gives good prediction
> If you generate random data correctly following a model, the model will
> indeed predict the data pretty well. But under those circumstances it seems
> redundant to ask the question. Were you thinking of fitting a (possibly
> different) model to the data at some point ?  If so, what model would you
> want to fit? And what would you want to predict from it?

I only use model_1, model_2 for data generation.  I am using machine
learning methods for estimation and prediction to see if the method is good
and robust.  Then, check performance by comparing results with the known
model_1 and model_2.