[R] R-Studio+Commander

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Sep 1 16:53:16 CEST 2016

> On Aug 31, 2016, at 5:25 PM, Lisa Ducati HH <lisa-marie.kindler at ducatihamburg.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to Know if i can install r on my iPad Air 2? Is this possible?
>>
>> Regards Lisa-Marie Kindler

Not directly and if you search the archives (use rseek.org and search for "iPad" or "iPhone"), there have been a variety of posts on why over the years, such as:

  https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2010-June/240901.html

unless you "jailbreak" your device.

That being said, there may be options via third party technologies to run an R instance remotely from a server and/or via desktop VM clients that can run on mobile devices (e.g. Parallels). A Google search brings up some links from the RStudio support forums and you may want to search those separately.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz