[R] Factor analysis and time as an offset variable

Tahereh Dehdarirad tdehdari at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 16:38:26 CEST 2016

Thank you for your reply. I am grouping citation and some social media
indictors ( number of tweets, mendeley readers, etc). The number of
citaions a paper recievs or the number of social media indicators that a
papers receives depends on time. For example a paper published in 2009 has
more time to get citation than a paper pubished lets say in year 2016.

That is the reason I like to consider  time ( in my case the number of
years) a paper has been to the exposure of receiving citations in the
factor analysis.

Best,

Tahereh

Tahereh Dehdarirad
PhD Student of Library and Information Science
University of Barcelona, Spain