[R] fPortfolio dont work in R 3.3.1

Bannert Matthias bannert at kof.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 7 09:57:27 CEST 2016

Andre,

you need to make sure you got a C/C++ compiler as well as a Fortran compiler to compile a package from source that makes use of these language. Many R packages use one of those languages under the hood to speed things up.

gcc / gfortran are common and free choices for such compilers. Depending on your OS, these ship with your OS' installation. What OS do you have?

Also, i'd try to install RSymphony first and then install fPortfolio.

HTH,

matt

Hi,

I'm trying use the package fPortfolio in R version 3.3.1. But the package don't work. I recieve the messages below:

Package which is only available in source form, and may need
  compilation of C/C++/Fortran: 'Rsymphony'
  These will not be installed

Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]) :
  there is no package called 'Rsymphony'
Erro: package or namespace load failed for 'fPortfolio'

How I can use fPortfolio in R 3.3.1?

Thanks in advance,

Andr� Barbosa Oliveira.

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]