[R] Apply a multi-variable function to a vector

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Sep 9 23:38:41 CEST 2016

Your architecture has a bad smell to me. For one thing you are mixing different units in the same vector but should be putting multiple instances of the same variable into one vector. Lists of vectors (data frames) are typically used when multiple variables need to be grouped.

Another problem is that you are constraining the names of the variables you pass to the function to be named the same as they are inside the function. This really limits your use of those functions.

There really is too much abstraction going on here.