[R] syntax to connect to linked SQL server using RODBC

Manohar Reddy manu.reddy52 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:30:59 CEST 2016

Hi Varun,

  Basically when we are pulling data from linked server through SSMS/some
other client tools we may need to use query like this format
* linkedservername.databasename.schemaname.tablename* and in this case your
query like this,

table1 <- as.data.table(sqlQuery(dbhandle, 'select * from
linkedservername.databasename.schemaname.tablename'))

Manu.