[R] Upgrade R 3.2 to 3.3 using tar.gz file on Ubuntu 16.04

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Wed Sep 14 07:57:52 CEST 2016

Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us> writes:

> For this query I would rather recommend [1] as reference, though
> Marc's suggestion to switch mailing lists is best.
>
> [1] https://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/

But doesn't this merely describe how to install the version of R
packaged for his version of Ubuntu?  As I understood the OP, he has
already installed this version, which is 3.2.3, but would like to
install 3.3.1, which he will have to install from the sources.

If this is the case, then there is no point reposting to r-sig-debian,
since he just has to do a generic unix-like install.

Cheers,

Loris

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)