[R] Cross-classified multilevel binary logistic regression model with random effects at level 2

MACDOUGALL Margaret Margaret.MacDougall at ed.ac.uk
Wed Sep 14 15:05:34 CEST 2016

Hello

I am not a seasoned R user and am therefore keen to identify a book chapter that can provide structured advice on setting up the type of model I am interested in using R. I would like to run a cross-classified multilevel binary logistic regression model. The model contains two level 2 random effects variables. These variables are crossed to form a cross-classified design. The model has subjects at level one and these subjects are nested within each of the two level two variables. I understand that the R package lme4 may be suitable for running my model and that there are several published books on running mixed models in R. If a list member is able to kindly recommend whether one of these books is particularly helpful in helping less experienced R users fully understand how to use this (or an alternative) program specifically for the model I have outlined above, I would be most grateful for recommendations.

Thank you so much

Best wishes

Margaret