[R] Using lm's subset parameter results in Error in xj[i] : invalid subscript type 'list'

Jorge Cimentada cimentadaj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:14:24 CEST 2016

By subsetting the rows in the firstkids data frame, you've already
subsetted your data.

Try specifying firstkids as your data instead of a subset in the lm call.
Also, eliminate the kidmomhsage prefix from all of your variables since
you're running the linear model on a different data frame(firstkids)

Something along this line:

lm(kid_score ~ mom_age ...., data = firstkids)

*Jorge Cimentada*
*Ph.D. Candidate*
Dpt. Ciències Polítiques i Socials
Ramon Trias Fargas, 25-27 | 08005 Barcelona

Office 24.331
[Tel.] 697 382 009
jorge.cimentada at upf.edu
http://www.upf.edu/dcpis/