[R] about data problem

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 23:55:38 CEST 2016

This indicates that your Discharge column has been stored/converted as
a factor (run str(df) to verify and check other columns).  This
usually happens when functions like read.table are left to try to
figure out what each column is and it finds something in that column
that cannot be converted to a number (possibly an oh instead of a
zero, an el instead of a one, or just a letter or punctuation mark
accidentally in the file).  You can either find the error in your
original data, fix it, and reread the data, or specify that the column
should be numeric using the colClasses argument to read.table or other
function.