[R] about data problem

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Sep 21 01:08:11 CEST 2016

Find the offending data. One approach is to look at the input data with your image sensors and neural pattern processor (eyes and brain). One way to reduce the load on those told is to read in the data with the stringsAsFactors=TRUE argument and try manually converting the resulting character strings into numeric values. You can then use the is.na function to find which rows failed to convert and use indexing to review the strings that had trouble.

# I recommend against using df as a variable name, since it is the name of a function in base R
dta$DischargeNum <- as.numeric( dta$Discharge )
dta[ is.na( dta$DischargeNum ), "Discharge" ]