[R] 32 and 64 bit R

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 21:13:41 CEST 2016

On 26/09/2016 6:29 AM, Mike meyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have both 32 and 64 bit verions of R installed. What happens if I open a workspace saved from 64 bit R
> in the 32 bit version or conversely?
> I am fairly careless but never noticed any problems.

No problems will arise because of the different word size.

You will possibly see problems if you have the two versions set up to
use different libraries; occasionally a workspace will fail to load if
it needs a package that is not installed.  Normally on WIndows the same
library can be used for both 32 and 64 bit R, but you could always
choose to break that.

Duncan Murdoch