[R] Using R Markdown for creating reproducible manuscripts – new blog post from eLife Labs

Emily Packer e.packer at elifesciences.org
Wed Apr 5 17:33:07 CEST 2017

[With apologies for cross-posting]

Hi all,

We have today published a blog post on eLife Labs about how scientists can
use the dynamic document language, R Markdown, for creating reproducible
manuscripts.

At eLife, we aim to make the communication of results more beneficial for
the scientific community as a whole, by operating a platform for presenting
research that encourages and recognises the most responsible behaviours in
science. These ‘responsible behaviours’ include the reproducibility of
research results, which is a cornerstone of science. For example, the
development of new drugs and medical treatments relies on the ability to
replicate the results of preclinical research.

Chris Hartgerink, a metascience researcher at Tilburg University, the
Netherlands, describes how R Markdown provides a simple solution for
creating reproducible manuscripts here:
https://elifesciences.org/elife-news/composing-reproducible-manuscripts-using-r-markdown?utm_source=Labs&utm_campaign=Rhelp

If you’d like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Emily

--

*eLife's early-career researcher travel grants 2017 are now open for
applications.

Emily Packer
Press Officer

+44 1223 855373 (office)

http://elifesciences.org

eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit
non-stock corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with
company number 5030732, and is registered in the UK with company number
FC030576 and branch number BR015634 at the address First Floor, 24 Hills
Road, Cambridge CB2 1JP.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]