[R] A new <expletive deleted>-up? / mailing list woes

J C Nash profjcnash at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 16:55:48 CEST 2017

A slightly different mailing list problem was preventing me from posting without going to moderation. Talking with Paul
Gilbert, I realized that my email (handled by Thunderbird) was using an outgoing server that was not the one normally
associated with my R-help subscription address. Changing that setting allowed unmoderated contributions -- like this
one. I've suggested to Martin M that a note about this might be worth adding to the subscription page, since a lot of
folk have multiple emails handled by clients like Thunderbird that may use a common outgoing SMTP server.

Sorry that this is not precisely about R, but it does concern R-help and other lists we use, and like the Windows/Mac
"hide file extensions of common file types", the glitches keep us from doing real work.

JN