[R] Problem in conversion of regulate time series and forecasting using Date Time [Timestamp values]:R

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Apr 28 07:48:09 CEST 2017

gg$timestamps <- as.POSIXct(as.character( gg$timestamps ) )

Factors are integers with the appearance of character data, so you are converting the integers to POSIXct. I usually try to avoid letting R automatically convert character data to factors, e.g. using stringsAsFactors=FALSE in read.csv so I don't have to convert them back from factors to manipulate them.