[R] Error with installed.packages with R 3.4.0 on Windows

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Fri Apr 28 10:45:16 CEST 2017

Dear Peter,

It actually breaks install.packages(). So it is not that innocent.

Best regards,

Thierry

Op 28 apr. 2017 10:36 a.m. schreef "peter dalgaard" <pdalgd op gmail.com>:

Yes, we noticed this in the last days of the code freeze before release and
shied away from inserting a workaround, partly because we couldn't see what
the root of the problem might be.

For the purposes of installed.packages it is relatively harmless to treat
the NA condition as FALSE, since it is just a matter of whether a cache is
valid. I.e., it might cause an unnecessary cache rebuild. For other
situations it might be more of an issue.

The workaround (NA -> FALSE, basically) is in place in R-patched and
R-devel.

-pd