[R] Beginner needs help with R

Nabila Arbi nabilaelarbi1912 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 02:50:30 CET 2017

Dear R-Help Team!

I have some trouble with R. It's probably nothing big, but I can't find a
solution.
My problem is the following:
I am trying to download some sequences from ncbi using the ape package.

seq1 <- paste("DQ", seq(060054, 060060), sep = "")

sequences <- read.GenBank(seq1,
seq.names = seq1,
species.names = TRUE,
gene.names = FALSE,
as.character = TRUE)

write.dna(sequences, "mysequences.fas", format = "fasta")

My problem is, that R doesn't take the whole sequence number as "060054"
but it puts it as DQ60054 (missing the zero in the beginning, which is
essential).

Could please tell me, how I can get R to accepting the zero in the
beginning of the accession number?

Thank you very much in advance and all the best!

Nabila

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]